> I am trying to find a way (without cross memory services) to find the
> datasets allocated to DD names in an address space other than my own.
> Specifically, I am looking for a way for when given the name of a CICS
> region, how do I find the name of the CSD allocated to the DFHCSD DD
> card?

I am afraid you are not going to get very far without X-memory services.

Your only hope that I can think of (without X-memory) is to use the
GQSCAN service to retrieve the current list of enqueues for the ASID in
question and then rely on some sort of site-standard, unique major name
or something in the dataset name to give you a good guess as to what it
might be. In your example, scanning the dataset name for 'CSD' might be
good - but can also give you false positives or no results at all.

If using x-memory services, then you need to do something like :

Shoot an SRB into the ASID in question and then run the DSAB/TIOT
entries to find the DDNames and then translate the TIOEJFCB SVA (using
SWAREQ) to get the JFCB and from there you can get the dataset name. Of
course, all the normal caveats apply when snooping around inside another
address space uninvited....

Rob Scott
Rocket Software
http://www.rs.com/portfolio/mxi/