Mohamed Juma wrote:
 Hi,

I faced strange OMVS issue, our HFS root was about
3300 cyls, We faced shortage problem, so I defined it
as multivolume HFS.
Few months later I found it about 14 thousands Cyls
which is almost five time than before.

I do not know why it came so big like this, I checked
the content of the root,I could not find any reason. I
cleared some log staff. it can down little.

Did any one such situation before?, any help
appreciated.

Thanks,

Mohamed Juma

I would look for a large number of files in some directory or a large file.

Do you have a unqiue HFS for /tmp or /var/log? We have had issues where tasks (CTG, WAS, HTTP Server, ect) were logging and not clearing the log between bounces and they would fill up the file system. One was creating a new log, but it was renaming the prior log and nothing was getting rid of these renamed logs.