Mark,
      I looked through our publications for a specific mention of what you
would like to have documented and couldn't find one. I will see about
getting
it included in the next round of publications.
      I would like to take the opportunity to share our rationale and
accept
your feedback on it. In this particular scenario, you have requested
DFSMSdss
to take the image or contents of your source volume and write it to your
target
volume. The contents of the target volume for a full volume copy has been
tradtionally considered as unwanted. (If you wanted it you wouldn't have
used it as the target for the copy.) Likewise, if the target volume is in a
FlashCopy
relationship where it is the target of the relationship, then you must not
be
interested in keeping the relationship since that is equivalent to keeping
the
original contents of the target volume. Therefore, it is assumed to be
acceptable for the relationship to be removed so that the copy can proceed.
If
you think about it, had you specified FR(NONE) on the second COPY FULL, we
would have used normal I/O and the target volume would again not be in a
FlashCopy relationship with the original volume A.
      We didn't want to force users to have to manually remove the
FlashCopy
relationship when they wanted to use that target volume as the target of
many
different source volumes (dumping them in between or otherwise not needing
the data on the target volume).

Thanks,

 Andrew Wilt
 IBM DFSMSdss Architecture/Development