On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 06:44:40 -0500, Shmuel Metz (Seymour J.) <shmuel+ibm-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>ITYM that for line mode it talks to VTAM as LU1. For 3270 mode it
>talks to VTAM as LU2. In neither case does it talk to VTAM as a 3767.
>In fact, VTAM cannot directly deal with a 3767; you need NTO in the
>middle.

Well, yes, but there are (were) lots of flavors of LU1 (RJE devices,
printers, etc).  While you probably could talk to the Tn3270 server from
an an RJE remove you are more likely to emulate an SNA line-mode device.
The sample Tn3270 line-mode def provided by IBM shows logmode INTERACT,
and the definition if of the INTERACT lodmode in ISTINCLM is
IBM3767 MODEENT LOGMODE=INTERACT,FMPROF=X’03’,TSPROF=X’03’,
                PRIPROT=X’B* 1’,SECPROT=X’A0’,COMPROT=X’3040’,
                APPNCOS=#INTER
(I'm sure that will be currupted when sent.  The only significant part is
the "IBM3767".)  I know, that label is completely unreference in the
assemply.

The 3767 was IBM's archetypical interactive SNA LU1 device.

Pat O'Keefe