Obviously the error message is not much help
 A4        Unable to complete the READ against the PDSE directory due to an
           error return code from an SMS service used to obtain directory
           information.

                      Bruce Black

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]        To:       IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

                      TION.COM>                cc:

                      Sent by: IBM             Subject:  Re: PDSE MSG - EC036I
002-A4,IGC0005E
                      Mainframe

                      Discussion List

                      <[EMAIL PROTECTED]

                      .EDU>

                      02/03/2006 01:55

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      IBM Mainframe

                      Discussion List

> I have a PDSE and when try to edit receive the msg  IEC036I
002-A4,IGC0005E.
> I need recover. Anybody can help me ???
 A4        Unable to complete the READ against the PDSE directory due to
an
           error return code from an SMS service used to obtain
directory

information.
It sounds like your PDSE is corrupted.  The only reference to the A4
code that I can find on IBMLINK is OW49234, a fairly old APAR (2001)
which fixed a problem that could result in a corrupted PDSE.  One of the
symptoms after the corruption was the IEC026I 002-A4.

I hope you have a recent backup that you can restore.  You could try
opening a problem with IBM, perhaps they can help recover the file

--
Bruce A. Black
Senior Software Developer for FDR