Cross posting to assembler-list

Results so far:

(1) Copied to PDSE using a generic name using the OGETX function....nada
(2) Re-bound from the USS library into the PDSE using the HFS file as
input, with the following binder options
ALIASES=ALL,CASE=MIXED,DYNAM=DLL,COMPAT=PM3, and the PDSE file as output
(again, with a generic 8-character name), with an ALIAS control card
specifying the real name of the DLL...again, nada

Nada==We get an abend that indicates it never found the address of the
function call in the DLL (S0C1 with R14 pointing to the point in the C++
callee where it tries to invoke the function in the DLL), which makes us
think it didn't properly find the DLL.

"Lester, Charles  (LNG-DAY)" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in
message
news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]
.net>...
> "Steve Comstock" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message
> news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Thanks, Steve.
>
> I've thought of that, not so ugly as going the other way, but then
I've
> got to get the application to find the DLL in the STEPLIB, and right
now
> it's looking for a name that is longer than 8 characters, with a
".dll"
> extension on the end :-)
>
> I could write a program to stuff the name it's expecting into the PDSE
> as an alias (I had one about 5 years ago), but that's going to take a
> couple of hours I don't have ('ees not my dog :-) long story)
>

> > Well, you're right that the two don't mix. STEPLIBs must be PDS/Es,
> and
> > PATH is used for DLLs. Hmmm. Can you move the DLLs into your STEPLIB
> and
> > set up PATH to point to the STEPLIB?
> >
> > Kind regards,
> >
> > -Steve Comstock

> > send email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN
INFO