"Jim Mulder" wrote:

... many enlightening things ... Thanks for the the answer.

I had the benefits of suspend/resume (and especially the associated
"tack-on" to a currently running channel program) drummed into me in the
3033 timeframe.
As we were replacing 158's with the afore-mentioned 3033's in fact.

So maybe I have a too-strong attachment to protecting ASM and its associated
performance updates.
I shall retreat back under my rock for a while and cogitate.

Cheers ...  Shane