From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Johnny Luo
Sent: Friday, February 10, 2006 10:19 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@bama.ua.edu
Subject: Re: Multiple address spaces

On 2/10/06, Steve Comstock <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The limit on aux is much larger:
> paging data sets (what you call "aux") are disk files that back up the
> pages not currently in real storage. So with lots of page data sets
> you can have lots of address spaces, each with a max of 2G virtual.

Yes,that's where I got puzzled.If you can have unlimited paging data sets,it
meas that you have unlimited auxiliary storage.But just like real
storage,you must assign each piece of aux a unique address to identify
it.And if your aux exceed 2G,how can you address it?

--
Best Regards,
Johnny Luo

to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the message: GET IBM-MAIN INFO Search the
archives at http://bama.ua.edu/archives/ibm-main.html