John,

That's because MVS % Busy in LPAR mode is wrong.

MVS % Busy is the compliment of CPU Wait Time, as Wait Time is what is
actually captured.

        MVS % Busy = 1-((interval-wait time)/interval)

In LPAR mode, if a Logical Processor is not dispatched by PR/SM then it does
not accumulate wait time even though it is actually waiting. This means that
MVS % Busy is greater than actual time that LP within the LPAR were
dispatched by PR/SM and busy.

LPAR busy is the right number, though a large difference between MVS % Busy
and LPAR busy is indication of a saturated LPAR.

Ron