From: "Frank Leblanc"

> We have been requested to create a production coupling facility LPAR that
> will share the general purpose engines.
> It will replace the external CF, thus saving money in maintenance, etc.

Mmmmm - everyone's at the mercy of "bean counters".

> Has anyone else tried this and what was your success or failure in the
attempt?

Works fine.
Whether it's what you really want is another question. The z/Architecture
machines basically handle things themselves, with requests being converted
to async dynamically.

Will play merry hell with CF response times:
- Datasharing would be a no-no, but you know that already.
- for the GRS Star numbers, you can probably just move the decimal point.
Hopefully just once, maybe twice - I'll let you guess in which direction.
Converting back to ring mode is another option - mmmmm.
- some you couldn't care less about, like LOGREC.

Make sure you have all your RMF data available for some comparisons after
the fact. Won't help then, but may give you ammo for future fights.

Shane ...