> Also, I find it a bit
>strange to see "Cut the guy some slack" and "RTFM" in the same
>message. It might help if you suggested which FM you want him to read.
True. But there are just so many...

>>Obviously, he has been thrown into a new
>>job without any kind of training on that job.
>
>Then he is unlikely to know what LPAR and z/VM refer to without
>explanations.
True again. He really should be given a training.

>>If it is a console, then the messages you see are an extract of the
>>(MVS) system log.
>
>NO! If it is a console then it may include messages that do not appear
>in the log.
You're right.

>>If indeed you would look at TSO (which I don't think you do), then
>>this means that your terminal is connected to a particalur address
>>space where the Time Sharing Option is running.
>
>ITYM Terminal Monitor Program.
Yes, you're right again. You see, even with 20 years of experience I
regularly mix up terminology...

>>IMHO the OP is looking at a console, not a TSO application.
>
>Possibly, but then why did he mention TSO?
Maybe because he is confused? I know I would be if I were thrown in like he
is...

>>It is true that he did not tell us,
>
>That's why I asked.
Sensible.

>>but it is my understanding that he does not know for
>>complete and utter lack of training...
>
>But he should be able to ask and report the answers back here. At the
>point we will be able to assist without having to rely on guesses.
I agree.

>If all of the systems programmers are gone then he may have worse
>problems than just tape issues.
Yes, definitely.

Jantje.