I think you're close to the cause.  The temp data set does not get deleted
until step end, but if the appl closes the file and reopens it, then all
bets are off.

Matthew Stitt <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
02/24/2006 10:58 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: PROTECTION EXCEPTION 0C4 - Job Doesn't Work When &&Dataset Used

Here is my theory:

Use DISP=(NEW,PASS)

Also this looks very much like a program which may write data to a file,
close the file, and then read the data back in.

On a temporary dataset, it my be getting deleted after the close.

Are the temporary datasets being directed to disk or VIO?