Date last read . . : 2006/055       Date last written  . . . . : 2006/054
Drive last used  . : 0390           Write Mount count  . . . . : 15

Volume sequence  . : 1              Number of data sets  . . . : 1
                                    Data set recording . . . . : ON

For a TSM volume, it always shows 1 data set.

-----Original Message-----
From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Barbara Nitz
Sent: Friday, February 24, 2006 3:41 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Anyone using RMM and TSM?

We are using CA1 and TSM, and we are interested in how RMM behaves:

I copy a tape (that is not full) via IEBGENER. After the copy operation both
input and output tape show the same block count.

I copy a tape in TSM status 'full' via TSM command 'backup stgpool'. After
the copy operation both input and output tape show the same block count.

I copy a tape in TSM status 'filling' via TSM commnd 'backup stgpool'. After
the copy operation the output tape shows the correct block count (the one
that the input tape had before the copy operation). Unfortunately the
*input* tape now shows a block count of 1 (yes, one), regardless how many
blocks are actually on the tape.

We have opened an ETR with IBM, and are being told that this is working as
designed, that TSM is not changing the block count, and that this must be a
CA1 problem.

We would be interested to know if someone can recreate this behaviour under
tape management system RMM (instead of CA1), as we are convinced that this
is a bug in TSM, they just don't want to acknowledge that.

Have a good weekend, Barbara Nitz

--
DSL-Aktion wegen großer Nachfrage bis 28.2.2006 verlängert:
GMX DSL-Flatrate 1 Jahr kostenlos* http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl