I know you can't, but tell them all that their NIMBY problem needs a
rational solution, not a FYUSTM (Obscene comment abbreviated) impossible
solution.
   Shove the output of the FTP step into a dataset, rexx or what ever to
evaluate, ship email if needed. PUT THE damn thing in a cataloged
procedure and be done with it.