>Ted, I didn't search the archives, but I believe we clarified that when
using Snap, Flash, etc, access to the copied data IS immediate, even if
the  vendor's implementation requires that the data be copied in the
background.    Depending on the circumstances, the housekeeping tasks
which are NOT part of copying the data may take a noticeable time

How soon after I snap can I IPL?
How soon can I move the data offsite?

-
-teD

I’m an enthusiastic proselytiser of the universal panacea I believe in!