wrote:

 I really just wondered if anyone out there was allowing SMP/E
use outside of Systems, period!

Thanks, Laura

Laura, sorry for jumping in late - I have worked as a Database
Administrator in 6 shops in the last 20 years (either a s a consultant or
as an employee). In every one of those shops, I was responsible for
installing database products (CA-IDMS. IBM-DB2, CA-DB2 tools) - including
the SMP/E portion. In fact, my alleged knowledge of SMP/E has been an
important bullet on my resume which helped to get me in the door at times
and help with advancement at other times.  So yes, in my case, SMP/E work
(installs and APAR application) has been decentralized (in fact, it may
NEVER have been centralized) from the Tech Services department to the DBA
staff.

However, it could be (in your definition) that the DBA groups falls under
"SYSPROGS", but within our orgchart, the DBAs are a distinct group.

thanks

chris  "it is better to give than to receive/apply/accept" Hoelscher

it is addressed and may contain CONFIDENTIAL material.  If you receive this
material/information in error, please contact the sender and delete or destroy
the material/information.