On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 15:45:03 +0100 Ulrich Boche <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

:>I have a question that's so basic I'm almost ashamed to ask.

:>Quite often I need to execute RACF commands via the TMP in batch. The
:>commands are lengthy and don't always fit in 80 columns so I'm using
:>variable length records. With VB data sets, the TSO command parser
:>expects line numbers in the first 8 columns so the commands must not
:>start before column 9.

:>Fixing this is rather trivial using the ISPF editor with "))9" or by
:>adding a string of blanks in front of each line if the commands are
:>generated by program but it is nevertheless inconvenient. I've looked in
:>a couple TSO/E manuals in search of an option that would tell the TSO
:>command parser to ignore or not expect line numbers but couldn't find
:>anything.

:>Is there an option or some other trick to allow commands to start in
:>column 1?

You can use 80 character records.

Put a "+" at the end of the line which tells TSO that the command is continued
on the next line.

--
Binyamin Dissen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
http://www.dissensoftware.com