IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU> wrote on 03/14/2006
11:30:42 AM:

> Two ways:
> 1. Insert new member to PDS on SYSPROC concatenation.
> 2. Update existing member of the library.
>
> I've got to admit I didn't investigate to much. Just discovered that VLF

> recycle helps, so I always do STOP/START.
> It is not good method, since it affects other VLF exploiters and
> consumes ASID.
>
> I tried to play with VLFNOTE but the only result I got (except syntax
> errors) was ...S047 abend.
> That's why I asked the IBM-MAIN. I was sure that it is well known issue
> and everybody except me knows the answer ;-)))

  My recollection from long ago is that STOW uses the COFNOTIF macro to
handle notification on the system where the STOW executed.

  VLFNOTE requires APF authorization, so must be executed from READY,
or you must put VLFNOTE into the AUTHCMND NAMES list in IKJTSOxx.
The (OCO, sorry) VLFNOTE code says that TSO OPER authority is required
for some of the VLFNOTE functions, although the HELP for VLFNOTE does
not say that.

Jim Mulder   z/OS System Test   IBM Corp.  Poughkeepsie,  NY