Larry Burch wrote:
Is there a product available for offloading sysouts from JES that provides
access (e.g., browser-based) to those reports *without* any further MVS
involvement?   -- and provides admin functions for archiving/retention,
jobname+date directory stuff, who-can-see-what authorization, etc.

I'm acquainted with a couple of products that write the reports into VSAM
or HFS files and provide browser access, but they require the continued MVS
involvement that my boss wants to eliminate.  (Those products are LRS's
PageCenter and MacKinney's JES Report Broker.)

Most of the best packages are multi-platform anymore. For example, you can grab output from JES via VPS and route it to a Linux system running whatever it is LRS calls their Unix-based spooler these days. Then access the output via the same web browser interface you would have used to access it straight from z/OS using the same product suite.

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc