<----- snip ----->
I have a full test this weekend, so hopefully will have some of this ironed
out. I am going with a newly formatted CFRM dataset and retaining all the
other COUPLE datasets.

If I use a new CFRM dataset, where is the CF policy information stored? I
was thinking it was stored in the XCF COUPLE dataset as how would z/OS know
how to format the CFRM dataset when coming up? I hope to come up in the new
environment and the structures are re-created in the new CF, but all other
COUPLE datasets are intact, e.g. DASD Logger files will retain their state.

Why wait? If you want to use a newly created CFRM couple dataset, allocate
it on a mirrored volume, write the policy you want into it, and that should
be it. Just don't use it before the test.

But, if you are already testing, you could first try to IPL with the old
CFRM couple dataset, having a policy with all CFs in it. If it does not
work, take the new CFRM dataset.

Zaromil