On 22 Mar 2006 09:36:09 -0800, in bit.listserv.ibm-main
[EMAIL PROTECTED] (Chase, John) wrote:

> [...]

The billing rate wasn't that high and on that contract I was one of
the few application programmers who knew what the CBT tape was (and
shared it with the systems group).  I also helped guide a successful
conversion to LE and then COBOL for MVS and VM.  I made heavy use of
the SMF tapes and got the systems group to increase the number of
generations and got an "Oh, OK" to my response to their asking why I
was using the SMF tape so much.  It was also interesting that another
consultancy firm on the Y2K project with me supplied both some people
for whom I had the highest respect and at least one who I wondered how
much he knew.