>The Text records may be 256 bytes, but they are blocked, and the
Blocksize of the "text" block will be up to the blksize of the loadlib.

>Two verifications:
>1) Browse any medium size load module in you load libraries and page
right. Browse reads the modules as a recfm=u file, and you will see text
block
>characters continue well past byte 256.

>2) There was a fix for IEBCOPY years ago where "FAT RECORSS" were
causing a problem. FAT records were caused where modules were created
with text blocks
>larger than the Loadlib blksize. This couldn't happen if text records
were not blocked.

I agree and I believe I stated as much when I said that the only element
in a load library that could take advantage of the blocksize was the TXT
records.  However, my issue is that the significant number of ESD, RLD,
etc records which are NOT blocked and therefore will continue to "waste"
space on DASD regardless of the overall blocksize.  In addition, since
most load module CSECTS are NOT 32K in size, they would also be written
as short blocks.  As a consequence, my point is that all this discussion
about optimum blocksizes for load libraries seems a bit over-stated.

Thanks for your response

Adam