From: "John S. Giltner, Jr." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Thursday, March 23, 2006 10:16 pm
Subject: Re: z900 "Capacity Models"?
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU

Chase, John wrote:

At <http://www-

03.ibm.com/servers/eserver/zseries/z900/glance.html> I

see this:

Hardware models General purpose models 101-109, 110-116, 210-216 Capacity models 1C1-1C9, 2C1-2C9

However, I don't see a definition of "Capacity models"; nor do I see
anything that would intuitively distinguish between a "general

purpose> model" and a "capacity model", other than the C in the model number.

Can somebody give me a clue what "capacity model" means?

TIA,

   -jc-

IIRC the Capacity models mean that they they are able to do capacity on demand (COD) upgrades. That is add a CPU on the fly without any POR or IPL. Just call IBM, give them your credit card number, some guy sitting someplace dials into the box enables one or more CP's, and you now have more capacity.