Sorry, that wasn't me who said it was a PL/1 compiler.

Anne & Lynn Wheeler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
03/27/2006 10:29 AM
Please respond to
IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Re: Wonder why IBM code quality is suffering?

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> No, PL/C was Cornell University's student PL/1 compiler.
> (I remember it, too; Waterloo had it as one of their batch compilers, as
> did ISU and many other colleges and universities around the world.)
>
> The PL/X genealogy included PL/S and PL/AS, but not PL/C.

posting in pl/s, et al thread in this n.g. from a couple years ago
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2004g.html#46 PL/? History

wikipedia entry for pl/c
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PL/C

another pl/i subset was pl.8 developed as part of 801/risc project.
cp.r was written in pl.8. misc. posts mentioning 801, pl.8, cp.r, romp,
rios, power, power/pc, etc
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/subtopic.html#801

and for some drift, a recent post mentioning wikipedia and power/pc
http://www.garlic.com/~lynn/2006f.html#6 64-bit architectures & 32-bit
instructions