In the IBM-MAIN archives (from about August or September, 2005) there
should be a list of tape encryption products posted.  (Search on "tape
encryption" and it should be pretty easy to spot.)  There were also some
follow-up posts noting CA-BrightStor and OpenTech as additional vendors in
that same category.

I tried to include some commentary in those messages about general
principles for tape encryption, so that might be helpful, too.

There will be more products in 2006, so I might need to update the list
again later this year. But 2005 was a very big year for tape encryption
due to some urgent needs, particularly in the financial services industry.

- - - - -
Timothy F. Sipples
Consulting Enterprise Software Architect, z9/zSeries
IBM Japan, Ltd.
E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]