Doc,

Are you looking for programs and code or discipline and procedures?

I'm not sure if this helps, but The Visible OPS Handbook
(http://www.tripwire.com/practices/visops.cfm) by Kevin Behr, Gene Kim
and George Spafford lays out a superb framework for change and
configuration management.

Is that the sort of information you're looking for?

Dave Froberg