Any thoughts on the best way to handle the backup of the various
catalogs and RMM files for disaster recovery purposes?  TO be specific,

1) On weekends we backup our DASD to tape
2) We run DB2 Image backups to tape
3) After that completes, we have a job that runs a copies DR related
libraries and catalogs to tape

4) When we go to the DR site, we use their "floor system" to restore the
various load libraries (from step 3) and the catalog containing the tape
backups.

5) We then run a restore of all the tapes created in step 2
6) We IPL our system

What we have at this point is a snapshot of the system how it looks from
step 1.  And the problems start.

7) The DB2 folks want to start doing their restores, but the system
catalogs (restored from step 1) do not represent their backups from step
2.

8) We restore their catalog backup state from step 3.

9) The DB2 folks start doing their restores.  RMM complains the tapes we
are trying to read in are scratch tapes and bomb off the jobs.  This is
because the RMM database was backed up before the DB2 images were
created.

10) We put RMM in warning mode and did the restores.

Anyone have a tried and true method they can share that outlines the
best practices/steps we should take the backups of various things?
And, of course, any other thoughts?

Thanks,
Dennis Longnecker