Victor,

Just how urgent is the need for your subsystem to perform the field
obfuscation you discussed here last month?

Try looking at macro IEFSSDA in SYS1.MODGEN.  Those subsystem function
codes (16-19) should get you moving again.

As for the SMS comment... that's a good question.  SMS is a subsystem, so
you are wanting to insert your subsystem ahead of (or behind) SMS; At any
rate you want to be in between the user and the data.  Maybe you'll want to
consider something like what BLSR does (redirection of the JCL) to avoid
the collision.  (There are other ways, too.)

(Do you see why several folks were pointing you at the possibility of an
OPEN SVC intercept?)

--
Tom Schmidt
Madison, WI