>So I think WLM is doing its thing, just not immediately.

The PAV assignment is not immediate.
I decide to (de-)allocate one, I don't do it until the next interval.
I then don't look at that volume for 3 intervals.

These are WLM intervals -- 10 seconds (clock) each.

2 years ago, I had a problem where that wasn't fast enough.
I had a direct link to the developer (in Germany).
We had come up with a solution, but after leaving IBM, I lost track, and as an
external person, I have no idea what the final resolution was.

-
-teD

I’m an enthusiastic proselytiser of the universal panacea I believe in!