<----- snip ----->
>Where is the switch to turn I/O Priority Management on ?

IIRC on the same screen as where you define the SDC's for CPU, SRB, MSO &
IOC.

In WLM,
Option 8.   Service Coefficients/Options

Panel "Service Coefficient/Service Definition Options":
.
.
.
Enter or change the service definition options:

I/O priority management  . . . . . . . . YES  (Yes or No)
Dynamic alias management . . . . . . . . YES  (Yes or No)