Ned Hedrick wrote:

We are considering upgrading our DASD to IBM's DS6000. Our current environment is ESCON-attached RAMAC3. Proposed is the DS6000 and an upgrade to FICON. (Host system is a z900)

Everything I've seen points to significantly better performance, higher reliability and improved management. However, I'd like to verify with installations who are actually using the DS6000. I'm particularly interested in comments about performance, and any issues to watch for in implementation.

Performance should be much better, no doubt.
However DS6000 series had serious problems when first boxes were sold to customers. I was told that many of them got DS8000 at no cost as a fix. Pay attention to have PTFs for DS6000 support. Without it you won't be able to define it in native mode. Native means D/T1750, emulated mode is D/T2105.

HTH

--
Radoslaw Skorupka
Lodz, Poland