Hi Warner,

How about using either DFSORT/ICETOOL or SYNCSORT/SYNCTOOL?  Both have
extensive data manipulation facilities and both are wicked fast compared
to IEBGENER.

http://www.ibm.com/servers/storage/support/software/sort/mvs/index.html

http://www.syncsort.com

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

"Think big, act bold, start simple, grow fast..."