In a message dated 4/10/2006 2:19:54 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>One more sign that perhaps IBM doesn't really consider
>z/OS  "strategic".
I became much wiser when I learned the sad truth about American  businesses.
IBM is not in the computer business, or even the  "international business
machines" business.  General Electric is not in  the electric light bulb
business.  Nor is Exxon in the oil  business.  All these companies, and most
others,
are in the "net  income" business.  They do whatever brings in the most $$$$$.
They  may use computers, light bulbs, or barrels of oil as the means to
increasing  net income for a while, anyway.  But that which is strategic today
is
history tomorrow.  I assume the same is true for businesses in other
countries as well.

Bill  Fairchild