Aaron, I don't post here often, but I want you to know that z/OS
Sysprogging is not a world of men with grey beards and hairy chests.
Although we are definitely in the minority, there are plenty of female
expert sysprogs, and I have had the good fortune of working with several of
them.  On the other hand, IBM-Main IS full of, well, I'd rather not go
there.  ;)

Cathy Taddei

On Sun, 9 Apr 2006 11:43:35 -0500, Sebastian Welton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

On Sat, 8 Apr 2006 09:13:43 -0400, Aaron Peterson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> I am
>reasonably competent with Perl, and I have looked over some C, although

Thats a good start and to really help you in the mainframe arean I would
suggest then to learn REXX which with the above noted skills will really
make your job easier (you can get versions for any platform, including
Windows so you can start now.) Welcome to the world of men with hairy chests
and beards!

Seb.