In a recent note, Charles Mills said:

> Date:         Wed, 12 Apr 2006 18:13:11 -0700
>
> My mainframe to mainframe sequence is FTP from my mainframe to my desktop
> using desktop FTP client. Open file in NoteTab*. Copy to clipboard. Toggle
> to remote desktop Hummingbird. Transfer file from clipboard to host file. I
> can batch this up somewhat - transfer multiple files with FTP and open
> multiple files in NoteTab. Moved a lot of source code this way on Monday.
> Reverse works roughly the same way.

Y'know, Kermit was invented to solve problems like this.
but I suspect even Kermit would balk at this configuration.

Unload with TSO TRANSMIT.  Think about XMITIP -- I'm
sure it does base64.  Can you XMITIP from your MF to
your desktop?  Can you capture the raw mail text (still
base64) on your desktop?  If not, XMITIP to your MF
account; capture the mailbox with SDSF (or 3.8?).

Now you gotta undo the base64.  Rexx.  Shave off the
whiskers.  TRANSLATE; C2D;
right(D2C(((c0*64+c1)*64+c2)*64+c3, 3, '00'x);
string 'em together (yes, teD, "catenate" is a word.)

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL