<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote in message news:<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>...
> Our tech people can't find the source of this problem and I am looking for
> any guesses you might have.
>
> Sysplex in question has 11 lpars on 5 CECs
>
> zOS 1.4 with 1.7 being tested.  Sometimes this summer some of the lpars in
> this plex will be running 1.7 if all goes well.  (So far it hasn't.)
>
> I am told GRS used to propagate ENQ in star configuration.
>
> Batch job on lpar 1 builds VSAM file called N.  At the end of the build > job
> is a step using a program to frontend IDCAMS.  The frontend issues an
> ENQ RET=NONE with scope of SYSTEMS.  It then links to IDCAMS.  IDCAMS >
> renames C to O and renames N to C, effectively bringing a new version of C
> into play.  When IDCAMS ends, the frontend issues DEQ.
>
> Meanwhile on lpar 2, a batch job using program called BT689 wants to use >
> file C.  It calls a linked subroutine BS689 which issues an ENQ with the >
> same scope as mentioned above.  The ENQ does not specify RET=NONE, but > that
> is the default.  It does specify RNL=NO, which is not the default.
> That should not matter since both ENQ have scope of SYSTEMS.

You don't have CA-MIM? MIM skips ENQs with RNL=NO, in which case both ENQs are
handled differently.

Kees.

e-mail, and delete this message. Koninklijke Luchtvaart Maatschappij NV (KLM),
its subsidiaries and/or its employees shall not be liable for the incorrect or
incomplete transmission of this e-mail or any attachments, nor responsible for
any delay in receipt.