Johnny Luo wrote:
Thanks....I've learned so much from this topic.Frankly speaking,
I can not understand all of these at this time.But I'll save them
and in the future hope I can grasp more.

As for the 'binder' and 'linkage editor',it's a shock to me.I
thought they're the same thing.....

Can I get some suggestion about wich manual I should
resort to for the usage of 'binder' ? I know IEWL ,or HEWL,
is the alias of a same program and I use them everyday to
generate cobol load module in my complie-and-link procedure.
Just wonder whether IEWL is the 'binder' or 'linkage editor'?

Best Regards,
Johnny Luo

<ad>
I'm just putting the finishing touches on a new course,
"InterLanguage Communication in z/OS", which touches on
all this, and more. This is a revised version of an older
course ("InterLanguage Communication in OS/390"), but
focuses on the Binder, the Enterprise versions of COBOL
and PL/I, HLASM 5, and XL C.

Watch this space in the next two weeks.
</ad>

Kind regards,