STCKCONV and CONVTOD both use a table, the current instance of which can be examined on page 7-189 of the z/Architecture principles of operation publ.ication, SA-227632-04. (Worth noting is that this manual, published in 2005 September, already included the EOY 2005 leap-second entry.)

These conversions are to and from ETOD and UTC, as I think they should be. Civil time is another kettle of fish/can of worms. I can imagine wishing to display it, but saving it is always and everywhere unwise.

John Gilmore
Ashland, MA 01721-1817
USA