I've never understood why a wait-stated system needs to be system reset.
It reminds me of the story about the hunter whose buddy is accidentally
shot. (No partisan aspersions intended.) The guy is distraught and calls
911 in a panic. 'My friend just got killed in a hunting accident!'

'First' says the lady at the other end, 'you need to make sure he's really
dead'.

Pause. BANG. 'OK, I'm sure. Now what?'

I can't see any harm in a system reset, but really, does anyone know why
it's done? If so, we need to retrain all our operators.  ;-)

Walter Marguccio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: IBM Mainframe Discussion List <IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU>
04/20/2006 01:06 AM
Please respond to
Walter Marguccio <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
cc

Subject
Fw: IXC102A automated by SFM ?

Sorry guys,
my reply had obviously nothing to do with PDSE and LNKLST ... wrong
subject.

Walter Marguccio