In one of our exits, we use TPUT with USERIDL=(15) where register 15
points to a user ID.  You don't need to know the ASID.  The code is fairly
old, predates some newer WTO enhancements for inserting text into
messages.  WTO3 is moved into WTOAREA, then we move things into it to form
the message we want, and finally we TPUT it to the user.  R15 in the real
exit is set by looping through a table of users that are authorized to
receive their notification via this method, but the point is that R0
points to the length, R1 points to the message text (I think WTOAREA+4
skips over some stuff needed by "real" WTO) and R15 points to the user ID
to receive the message.

If the user is signed on, the message is sent to them, interrupting
whatever they're doing. If they're not signed on, I believe it goes
nowhere (maybe their LOG file).

         LA R15,SOMEUSER

TPUT2    EQU   *
         L     R0,=A(WTO3MSGL)          = MESSAGE LENGTH
         LA    R1,WTOAREA+4             -> MESSAGE
         TPUT  (1),(0),USERIDL=(15)     SEND MESSAGE
===================  later on  in the source ========================

WTOAREA  DS    0F,XL128

WTO3     WTO   '

                   ',