In a message dated 4/24/2006 4:12:25 P.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>Does this mean that if I measure the CPU usage
>of the SMF  address space I will be able to approximate the CPU overhead?
No.  The greatest part of the overhead is in creating them, and  this takes
place in the various other address spaces and they get charged for  the CPU
time to create them.  The SMF address space's CPU time reflects  only the time
write them to an external  file.

Bill  Fairchild