From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Knutson, Sam
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 11:39 AM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: IXC102A automated by SFM ?

Hi,

This thread was very timely.  I have an SFM policy and it has worked
fine since I had it setup a couple years ago.
Last Thursday we had a CEC outage and lost 6 of the 8 systems in this
Parallel Sysplex at the same time and an ICF on the same CEC as those 6
systems.  Yeah that hurt:-( Another CEC, including an ICF, and an
external CF survived.  We are still working with IBM to the address all
the aspects of the CEC outage but we think it would have been reduced in
impact or avoided if we had a recent HIPER MCL 082 (J99673 stream)
installed on this 2094. The SFM Policy did not partition the dead
systems out of the Sysplex without operator intervention.  The remaining
two systems kept running but hung up till operators manually replied.

>snipped the rest

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be
privileged.   It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you
receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any
manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please
reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was
misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.