From: Howard Rifkind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
  1.  What would be the best approach to extending the directory blocks.
2. I'm not that good with DFDSS so if I would have to use this program how would I set it up.

Take a look at the following web page, where it shows an image of a data set being selected from a DSLIST using function 'I' (Information):

http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplistSCR18.htm

In the image, the data set type is being changed from PDS to PDSE. Also, the primary and secondary storage space is being increased. However, as you can see from the image, it's really easy to change any attribute you want, including directory blocks.

HTH,

Dave Salt
SimpList(tm) - The easiest, most powerful way to surf a mainframe!
http://www.mackinney.com/products/SIM/simplist.htm