From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf
Of Charles Mills
Sent: Tuesday, May 02, 2006 5:23 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: Help : FTP A PDS

> I would like to FTP them to my hard drive.

FTP always has two ends. The ends make a difference! The end where you
initiate the transfer is called the "client"; the other end is called the
"server." Either end could be the "from" end or the "to" end - you can even
do both in one "job."

I'm going to guess that I can re-phrase your question as

"How do I initiate an FTP on my Windows system that will copy all of the
members of a PDS to my PC's hard drive?" Is that correct? If not, my answer
is going to be useless; please re-phrase my question.

There are two kinds of FTP clients for Windows: the one that comes with
Windows, and all of the others. The one that comes with Windows is a
"classic" FTP client -- a command-line type program. Here is how to do what
you ask, from memory - so I may be a little off:

C:\>FTP 12.34.56.78   [or whatever your mainframe's IP address or URL is]
userid
password
lcd "whatever Windows folder you want to put the members in"
cd my.PDS.name
mget *
[hit enter for every prompt - alternatively use the prompt command first to
turn off prompting]
quit