Yes, I read that too.  But it didn't answer my question
because it doesn't say when the object deck is written.
My question was not as to *where* in the deck the PUNCH
output appears but *when* the deck, PUNCH output and all,
is written.

In any event, as pointed out by Bill Lalonde and Shmuel Metz,
it's irrelevant.

As for the ordering of processing of PUNCH statements, questioned
elsewhere in this thread:

Title: HLASM V1R4 Language Reference
Document Number: SC26-4940-03

5.37 PUNCH Instruction

   The assembler writes the record produced by a PUNCH
   statement when it writes the object deck. The
   ordering of this record in the object deck is
   determined by the order in which the PUNCH
   statement is processed by the assembler. The record
   appears after any object deck records produced by
   previous statements, and before any other object
   deck records produced by subsequent statements.

-- gil