On Wed, 2006-05-10 at 11:47 -0700, Edward Jaffe wrote:
> Question: Is the response to IGF500D something I can/should automate? Is
> it "safe" to unconditionally respond "YES"? Is there any reason I shouldn't?

You can probably automate a "yes" if you limit it to a single swap.

Once upon a time... a LONG time ago... DDR used to play merry hell with
allocation.  While a swap was in progress allocation would hang; I
presume that this has been fixed sometime in the last quarter century,
but I haven't paid much attention.

Swap also monopolized the tape controller during repositioning, so if
you had other tape drives hung off the same controller they would stop
during DDR.  Maybe this has been fixed too -- we've had
controller-per-drive transports for quite a few years now.

--
David Andrews
A. Duda and Sons, Inc.