On Wed, 10 May 2006 11:22:50 -0700, Howard Rifkind <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

>My mangement is asking me that after doing an apply check on various
FMID's that I some how quantify how much work there will be to researching
what is needed to resolve these holds.

Oh, man!  There's no hope of your being able to give a "true" answer.

Unless you have received all the maint you could possibly need, you don't
have any idea how many HOLDs you have to resolve.  If there are AO holds
and you have an automation system, you may be embarking on a journey
spanning multiple departments, end-user communities, etc.  Same for ACTION;
it may not impact you at all, or it could be days of work.

Pick a number out of the air.  Say it will take one fifteenth the time to
install and customize a product.  (Don't specify a product - just a
generic product.)

Pat O'Keefe