Hi,

We are still running the old Escon Manager (ESCM) on z/OS R6.  It works
but it's cranky looping for 40 minutes at startup burning a CP and
throwing out a bunch of GETMAIN FAILED errors but it works.

14.14.14 STC12491 IHVD000I ESCM V.1__R.3__M.0__ START IN PROGRESS
14.14.15 STC12491 IHVD900I GETMAIN FAILED

We had been told the only recourse was to buy a full license for SA/390
but that is not inexpensive and we are already heavily invested and
happy with CA-OPSMVS.    I found an APAR II11547 that suggests some
customers have been given an accommodation perhaps as an entitlement,
special bid, or something to get just the I/O Operations piece of
SA/390.

http://www-306.ibm.com/software/tivoli/products/system-automation-390/in
fo-05.html

APAR Identifier ...... II11547      Last Changed ........ 99/08/16
  HELP ON HOW TO GET SA OS/390 V1R3 I/O-OPS FUNCTION
  ONLY INSTALLED

Is it possible? Anyone gone down this road and care to share here or
off-list some clues we can feed to our IBM team to help them find the
right form to fill out?

        Best Regards,

                Sam Knutson, GEICO
                Performance and Availability Management
                mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
                (office)  301.986.3574

Hawkeye: [exasperated at Quartermaster Sloan's denial of his request for
a hospital incubator] We're not asking for a jukebox or a pizza oven!
Captain Sloan: Oh, I can let you have one of those.
Henry Blake: No kidding! That would be great on movie nights! You got
any of those pizza requisition forms?
Captain Sloan: [referring to a generic Army requisition form] Oh, just
use one of those standard S-1798s and write in "pizza" where it says
"machine gun."

][
This email/fax message is for the sole use of the intended
Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution of this
email/fax is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please
destroy all paper and electronic copies of the original message.