From: IBM Mainframe Discussion List [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On
Behalf Of Paul Gilmartin
Sent: Friday, May 12, 2006 5:16 PM
To: IBM-MAIN@BAMA.UA.EDU
Subject: Re: TOD clock discussion.

In a recent note, Hal Merritt said:

> Date:         Fri, 12 May 2006 15:45:10 -0500
>
> Compare to most any industrial equipment (to include the MF) that uses
time. They almost always have a high quality clock that is accurate to
milliseconds per fortnight without any outside help.

I have never seen a spec on the guaranteed accuracy of the TOD clock
standalone.  Have you a citation?  Has IBM ever in the lore
been known to replace one that was out of spec?  By how much?

Or do you mean with an ETR, in which case it's as accurate as
whatever it syncs to?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL

intended exclusively for the individual or entity to which it is addressed. The
message, together with any attachment, may contain confidential and/or
privileged information. Any unauthorized review, use, printing, saving,
copying, disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this message in error, please immediately advise the sender by reply
email and delete all copies.