O'Brien, David W. (NIH/CIT) [C] wrote:
Even IBM doesn't recommend SMS management of 'System' DASD, ie. DASD
needed to IPL.

I know that I personally don't like or recommend SMS-managed "system" volumes or data sets. But, I have never been able to locate "chapter and verse" where IBM make a similar recommendation.

Just now, I searched the z/OS 1.7 MVS and DFSMS bookshelves to no avail. Where did you find this recommendation? In a Redbook?

--
Edward E Jaffe
Phoenix Software International, Inc